- 1 Collect the items you need for this project. These items are listed on the “You Will Need” list.
- 2 Make a foundation. Glue the bump to the base of the metal cup using glue. Be careful, you can use a lot of glue to prevent the tree from falling. Make sure the glue is dry before continuing.
- 3 Decorate the tree. Find a free place (preferably on the street) and spread the newspaper. Spray the bump on the newspaper to avoid clutter.
- When painting cones indoors, wear a mask so that you do not have to breathe in pairs of paint.
- 4 Add the sparkles. Before the paint dries, sprinkle the bump with white sparkles. Extra sparkles will fall on the newspaper. You can also use a lot of sparkles to make snow appear on the cones, or use few sparkles, depending on how it looks better.
- 5 Glue the beads. Use colored beads to create the appearance of a Christmas garland. You can insert them into the recesses of the bump, or stick them (which is safer).
- If gluing, you need to hold the bead in place for about a minute until the glue dries, in order to avoid peeling.
- 6 Decorate the tree. Glue a small decoration or star on top of the bumps to create the appearance of the top of the tree. Again, you need to hold a little decoration in this place until the glue dries.
- 7 Put in a conspicuous place.
Method 2 Lots of Little Bumps
- 1 Collect all the items you need to complete the project. They are listed in the “you will need” list. Choose a container that is well suited for this job.
- If you will decorate or decorate the container, do it before starting work, so that it has time to dry.
- 2 Lay the foam backing. Put it well, if necessary, glue it.
- Add some pebbles or stone before putting foam. It will make the container heavier, thus, your container will not move and turn over.
- 3 Wrap each cone with wire. Then pull the wire to the wooden top of each cone.
- 4 Install the cones in the container. Start with the largest cone, and go to the top, where the smallest will be located.
- 5 Between the cones spread artificial moss.
- 6 Complete the work by adding angels, stars, toys to the top of the tree. Use glue or wire to attach them.
- Cones can be left as they are, or painted and sprinkled with sparkles.
- 7 Put in a conspicuous place.
What do you need
For one big bump
- 1 big shot
- Small multi-colored beads
- Green paint
- White sparkles
- Metal cup
- Small bowl (any color)
For a tree made of small cones
- Foam base that fits your size
- Stones or pebbles (clean) as equilibrium (optional, but it will not hurt)
- Small cones of different sizes (as much as you need to close the container - see how much you need to close the largest parts, and how much so that the top of the tree reaches the top of the container, then multiply the amount by the remainder for the tree, given that the rows decrease as you create the shape of the cone, and its tip becomes smaller)
- Artificial moss
The process of preparing cones
Before you start making crafts from this natural material, you must carefully review and process it. Dirty cones need to be washed and dried, you can use an old toothbrush to clean.
Since the room is warmer than the street, unopened cones will begin to open. Fir trees will become like hedgehogs, and pine trees will become like fluffy Christmas trees. And if for the manufacture of the craft you need exactly the unopened cones, then they must be placed in the wood glue for 30 seconds, and then dried.
If you need opened material, but there is no time to wait, then you need to lay it on a baking sheet and put in a slightly preheated oven. The oven door must be ajar. After a while, they will begin to unfold gradually.
There is another way that will help to open the bumps - this is cooking. Boil them in boiling water for 30 minutes, and then dry. They will become fluffy and will no longer change shape.
These two processing methods help not only to reveal to the natural material, but also kill all the germs.
If you don’t like the shape of the cones, then this can be fixed. To do this, they must first be soaked in water, and then betray them the desired shape and bandage with a thread. After drying, they will have the form that you gave them.
For the manufacture of crafts, this material can be not only in kind, it can be varnished, painted, artificial snow.
So that they have a white tint, they must be soaked in a special solution for five hours. To prepare the solution, you need to mix water and whiteness in equal proportions. After soaking, they must be washed in clean water and then dried.
Now you know the rules for working with this natural material and you can safely proceed to the manufacture of crafts.
DIY Christmas tree cone
It’s easy to make such a tree, you need desire and patience.
For its manufacture you will need:
- Compass or plate
Step-by-step instructions for making a Christmas tree:
- First you need to make a base - a cone. To do this, draw a circle with a compass or plate. The radius of the circle corresponds to the height of the tree. Cut a circle and bend it in half. For the cone, you need one half of the circle. Join the workpiece with glue. Cone for crafts ready.
- Now take the prepared bumps and glue them to the cone. You need to start from the bottom and the largest. Above should be smaller cones.
- The void between the cones can be filled with tinsel.
Christmas tree is ready!
Small tree made of cones and plasticine
This craft is very simple to make, even a very small child will cope with it.
To make a Christmas tree you will need:
- Fir cone
- The paint is green.
- Paint the bump with a brush. It can be done by a child.
- From plasticine, make a stand for the Christmas tree. To do this, roll the ball and flatten it.
- Stick to the base of the fir open bump, its scales should look up.
- Roll small colored balls from plasticine. Attach them to the Christmas tree in different places.
- Using cotton, you can depict snow.
- From plasticine, you can dazzle the peak and attach it to the top of the crafts.
- It remains to decorate the crafts with braid.
A small and original Christmas tree is ready!
Phased master class of Christmas trees from cones
To make such a New Year's beauty, you will need the following materials:
- Glue gun,
- PVA glue,
- Pine cones,
- Gold paint.
- Beads and sparkles.
- From cardboard, you need to make a base - a cone for a fluffy beauty.
- On the base we glue the cones in rows. Rows need to be fastened with a shift inward, they should resemble a triangle.
- Now apply paint to the Christmas tree and decorate it with beads and sparkles.
The fluffy beauty is ready!
Miniature Flake Tree
To make such an elegant Christmas tree, you need flakes from pine cones, cardboard, scissors, glue and paint of the color you like.
- Cut the desired number of flakes with scissors.
- Make a Christmas tree cone out of cardboard.
- Glue the flakes to the base. Glue in circles, starting from the bottom. Rows can be staggered or stacked on top of each other.
- The crown of the Christmas tree can be decorated with dried cloves.
- After the glue has dried, the Christmas tree needs to be painted, for example, in golden color. A paint spray is best for this procedure.
- Apply PVA glue to the ends of the flakes and sprinkle them with sparkles.
The miniature beauty is ready!
Having made one of these crafts, you will get not only great pleasure, but also will please your baby. Do not be afraid to fantasize and create.