Our experienced team of editors and researchers contributed to this article and tested it for accuracy and completeness.
A team of content managers carefully monitors the work of editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
Through this article, you will learn how to delete a Facebook account without the possibility of recovery in the future. Such actions cannot be performed on the Facebook mobile application.
If the user decides to permanently delete the Facebook profile, he will lose all the content posted on the page. Therefore, it is better to copy the necessary files in advance. Deletion Algorithm:
- Click on the triangle icon located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Go to the section "Your information on Facebook."
- We open the section "Deleting account and information."
- Specify the password for the page and click on the "Continue" button.
- Getting rid of your Facebook account is no more difficult than deleting a page on VK. The whole process will take no more than a few minutes.
Attention: You can restore access to your page only within 30 days from the date of deletion. Then all information will be lost forever.
Temporary deactivation of the profile closes the account from other users. However, the owner of the page can use Facebook Messenger and log in through this social network to other applications. To deactivate your Facebook page, you need to perform a number of actions:
- Click on the triangle in the upper right corner.
- We go to the section "Your information on Facebook."
- Open the subsection "Deletion of account and information."
- Select the option “Deactivate Account”.
- Enter the password from the page and click on "Continue".
- We indicate the reason and click "Deactivate".
Attention: to reactivate, you just need to go to your profile.
How to deactivate facebook
1) In order to temporarily deactivate Facebook (but DO NOT delete it), log into your account. If your name is in the upper blue bar, then you are “in place”, that is, you are in your account (Fig. 1 shows my name - Hope).
p, blockquote 9,0,0,0,0 ->
2) In the upper right corner, click on the small triangle (1 in Fig. 1):
p, blockquote 10,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 1 (Click on the image to enlarge it). We are looking for settings to temporarily deactivate Facebook
2) Then we click on the option “Settings” (2 in Fig. 1).
p, blockquote 11,0,0,0,0 ->
3) After that, the "General Account Settings" window will open. We are interested in the “General” settings (1 in Fig. 2).
p, blockquote 12,0,0,0,0 ->
We are looking for the option “Account Management” and click on the “Edit” button (2 in Fig. 2):
p, blockquote 13,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 2 (Click on the picture to enlarge it). General Facebook settings. Editing the “Account Management” tab.
4) Next we find the button “Deactivate Account”, click on it.
p, blockquote 14,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 3. Facebook “Deactivate Account” Button
To download a copy of your data from Facebook to your “memory”, click on the blue link “Download a copy of your data on Facebook” (see below in Fig. 3). So you get an archive of what you shared on Facebook.
p, blockquote 15,0,0,0,0 ->
5) Now Facebook is trying to warn us about the consequences of rash clicking on the buttons. If you change your mind about deactivating, then click “Close” (2 in Fig. 4).
p, blockquote 16,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 4. Warning before deactivating Facebook
If the decision is made “in sound mind, solid memory, with a clear mind”, then click on the “Deactivate Account” button (1 in Fig. 4).
p, blockquote 17,0,1,0,0 ->
6) Photos of all friends who will be bored will be shown. If you have not changed your mind, then you need to choose the reason for leaving Facebook:
p, blockquote 18,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 5. Choosing a reason to deactivate your Facebook account
7) You can check the box next to “Opt-out of receiving emails” (1 in Fig. 5) and “Delete applications” (2 in Fig. 5) if you had applications.
p, blockquote 19,0,0,0,0 ->
8) The “Deactivate” button (3 in Fig. 5) is the last one. Click on it and the Facebook account is deactivated.
p, blockquote 20,0,0,0,0 ->
Deactivation means that you can return to the deactivated page. To restore Facebook, you will need to go there, enter your email (mail box) and password to enter.
p, blockquote 21,0,0,0,0 ->
Deactivating an account is a temporary measure. This is a pause for deciding whether to later
p, blockquote 22,0,0,0,0 ->
- either go back to facebook
- either delete your account permanently.
How to permanently delete your Facebook account
Before you delete an account forever, think about the fact that you can not delete your account (personal profile) on Facebook, but transfer your profile to a business page (professional page).
p, blockquote 23,0,0,0,0 ->
If you are determined to delete your Facebook account (profile), I suggest that you stick to the following algorithm:
p, blockquote 25,0,0,0,0 ->
1) Log in to your account.
p, blockquote 26,0,0,0,0 ->
I recommend that you first go to “Settings”, then to “General account settings” and there at the very end of the page click on the blue link “Download a copy of your data on Facebook” (see below in Fig. 3). Then all this data will be deleted from Facebook and you will not be able to restore it.
p, blockquote 27,0,0,0,0 ->
If you make a copy of your data, this will allow you to create an archive of everything that you shared.
p, blockquote 28,0,0,0,0 ->
2) To remove Facebook, the link is:
p, blockquote 29,0,0,0,0 ->
If it’s more convenient for you, then you can swap actions - first follow the link, and then log into your account. The "Delete my account" window will open:
p, blockquote 31,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 6. Delete Facebook account forever
3) Click on the “Delete my account” button.
p, blockquote 32,0,0,0,0 ->
4) You will be asked to confirm the deletion by re-entering your password, as well as captcha.
p, blockquote 33,0,0,0,0 ->
5) Then you need to click the “OK” button.
p, blockquote 34,0,0,0,0 ->
Your account will be deleted without recovery, but not immediately. It will take 14 days. This period is a time for reflection, during which you can still cancel the decision.
p, blockquote 35,1,0,0,0 ->
Full information about your account, which is displayed in search engines, will disappear after 90 days. Thus, from the page there will be no trace. In any case, before you delete your Facebook account, carefully consider this step - because you can lose valuable data.
p, blockquote 36,0,0,0,0 ->
What to do if the password is lost
The relevant question is how to delete a Facebook account if the password is forgotten and cannot be restored? Is it possible? The answer here is one - impossible. To deactivate, a password is required - you must agree that otherwise the pages of other people would be blocked by different scammers. If you have forgotten your password, but want to delete your account, then the first thing you will need to restore it. You can do this in the following way:
p, blockquote 37,0,0,0,0 ->
1) We find on the top panel a line for entering the account (or e-mail on which the account was registered). Enter the e-mail (1 in Fig. 6).
p, blockquote 38,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 7. Actions in case you forgot your password
2) Click on the link “Forgot your password?” (2 in Fig. 7).
p, blockquote 39,0,0,0,0 ->
3) The “Find your account” window will appear. Enter your e-mail address again (3 in Fig. 7) and click on the “Search” button (4 in Fig. 7).
p, blockquote 40,0,0,0,0 ->
Facebook will automatically identify your account, show it to you and offer to confirm ownership by e-mail or SMS. To do this, click “Next”.
p, blockquote 41,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 8. Recover lost password
4) Then you will instantly receive a letter to your e-mail, where the necessary data will be displayed to restore the page.
p, blockquote 42,0,0,0,0 ->
After access is returned, follow the instructions to deactivate your account or to completely delete it, described above.
p, blockquote 43,0,0,0,0 ->
Delete account from phone
Unfortunately, using a mobile phone to delete your Facebook account will not work forever - only deactivation is possible. But already with the help of it you can hide access to files and information. Therefore, if in remote mode you urgently need to delete the page, this method is suitable:
p, blockquote 44,0,0,0,0 ->
- The Facebook application must be installed and activated on your smartphone (phone). If it is not already, then a preliminary installation is necessary.
- After installation, you need to go into the application, enter your username and password.
- In the application, go to the menu - an icon consisting of three parallel stripes located in the lower right corner.
- In the menu that appears, select “Settings,” and then “Account Settings.”
- Next, go to the “Security” option.
- There you will find a button with which you can deactivate your account.
If in the future you decide to deactivate your page forever, then for this you will need full access, which can only be accessed through a computer.
p, blockquote 45,0,0,0,0 ->
Deleting a profile, account and page: general and various
Often the question “how to delete a Facebook account” does not sound correctly, as the person asking it means, for example, a page. To correctly pose the question, it is necessary to distinguish between such concepts as a profile, page and account:
p, blockquote 46,0,0,0,0 ->
- Profile. The smallest “unit of measure” on Facebook. When registering, you get exactly the profile, which includes brief, publicly available information. A personal profile is the face of an individual individual person and cannot be used for commercial purposes, for example, for a company or a store.
You can subscribe to a profile you like without adding friends to see profile updates in the news feed in the future.
p, blockquote 47,0,0,0,0 ->
- Page. A page is usually created from a ready-made profile. It contains almost the same information as the profile, has similar external characteristics. But it differs in that it includes additional tools that are useful to owners of companies and organizations.
A personal Facebook page can be marked with a “like” icon. Subsequently, updates to this page will be displayed in the news feed.
p, blockquote 48,0,0,0,0 ->
- Account Is a combination of login (e-mail) and password. Each Facebook user has his own account, it can contain only one personal profile. Moreover, a user can have several pages on one of his accounts.
How to permanently delete a Facebook page
If you have an account, then you can create several pages on this account (they are also called business pages). When you delete your account, all pages associated with this account are deleted.
p, blockquote 49,0,0,0,0 ->
In fig. Figure 5 shows that when deleting an account my page “Computer literacy with Hope” will be simultaneously deleted. But it happens that you need to delete the page, but at the same time leave your account.
p, blockquote 50,0,0,0,0 ->
1) Delete the page can only be the one who is its administrator.
p, blockquote 51,0,0,0,0 ->
2) Go to your page and click "Settings" in the upper right corner of your page.
p, blockquote 52,0,0,0,0 -> Fig. 9. How to delete a page
3) In the first section “General” at the end there is a modest link “Delete page”, click on it.
p, blockquote 53,0,0,1,0 ->
4) Next, click on "Permanently delete the page (the name of your page)" and do the steps that will be offered.
p, blockquote 54,0,0,0,0 ->
If you don’t see such links, you need to remember who exactly is the page administrator and where is his account.
p, blockquote 55,0,0,0,0 ->
Facebook Help “Deactivate and Delete Account”
Help from the official Facebook site is good and useful because only there is the latest and most relevant information on all issues that arise when working with Facebook.
p, blockquote 56,0,0,0,0 ->
Facebook developers have long established themselves as very active people, constantly working to improve the site, and therefore, constantly making some changes. It is often not possible for a simple user of a social network to track all the changes that occur. That is why I recommend a look here:
p, blockquote 57,0,0,0,0 ->
Help from the official Facebook site about deleting and deactivating an account https://ru-ru.facebook.com/help/359046244166395
Thank you for your vote!
p, blockquote 59,0,0,0,0 ->
I suggest to look at other materials:
p, blockquote 66,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 67,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 68,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 69,0,0,0,0 ->
p, blockquote 70,0,0,0,0 -> p, blockquote 71,0,0,0,1 ->
How to deactivate your Facebook account
- Go to your profile. At the top of the page you can see the blue panel on which you need to click on the image of the triangle (the far right).
- In the menu that appears, select the inscription "Settings".
- Next, in the left panel, select "Security".
- Opposite the bottom entry in the list Deactivate Account click on the link "Edit".
- A link will appear just below "Deactivate Account." Click on it.
- Next, you should indicate the reason for leaving the site and put a daw in the window opposite the item "Opt-out of emails."
- Push the blue button Deactivate. That's all, the procedure is completed.
How to permanently delete Facebook account
- We go to our page. Click on the triangle icon located on the blue panel at the top of the page.
- In the menu that appears, select "Help".
- Next, select the link "Visit the help center." After moving to the help center page, in the left panel, select "Manage your account."
- Then, again on the left panel, select "Manage your account."
- We go to paragraph “Deactivate or delete account”
- Then in the block "Removing Accounts » click on the first item. A text message warning of data loss will open. And at the end of the first paragraph there will be a link in the form of words "Let us know about it." Click on it.
- This will take you to the profile deletion page. There you need to click on the blue button "Delete my account."
- After that, in the window that appears, you should enter the password for the page and perform some action confirming that you are not a robot (for example, select from all the pictures that are shown tiger).
- Next, click on the white button "OK" at the bottom of the window.
- You can also immediately go to the page for deleting your account on Facebook at the link: - https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
Facoobeok account deletion video: