Lubricating syringes are used to fill moving mechanical parts with viscous lubricant, most often used in mechanical and auto repair shops. Well-lubricated moving metal parts increase the durability of the mechanisms and reduce their wear. The lubricant used to fill the syringe is sold in most hardware stores and auto parts stores. Filling a syringe is a bit untidy, but not difficult, regardless of whether you have a syringe with a cartridge or a regular tank.
How to fill a syringe with grease
In the first case, we considered how to fill a syringe with a cartridge with grease, but after all, grease guns also have product designs with a reservoir instead of a cartridge. And how to fill the grease gun in this case? In fact, these are two almost identical operations, with only a few minor differences. Actually, the stuffing procedure itself should be performed in the following five steps:
- First you need to disconnect the head of the syringe from its body. The head itself is an element with a handle and an applicator. It is she who needs to be twisted. Do not forget to make sure that the handle of the stem, which is located on the back of the product, is fully pressed into the syringe. If you miss this nuance, then the lubricant can be sucked into the syringe directly during its filling.
- Now you should put the open part of the body, that is, its end directly into the container with grease. Moreover, the larger the volume of the container, the more effective the filling process itself will be. The syringe must be held in one position, while pulling the stem towards itself.
- After filling, namely when the rod is extended to a maximum, the syringe must be removed and cleaned with a dry cloth.
- Next, reassembly is performed. The head of the syringe is attached to its body, but due to the fact that different syringes have different designs, in some you need to twist the head, and in others the nozzle. However, it is required to fasten them until they are completely joined.
- It remains only to check the assembled device! To do this, press the handle of the rod and hold until the grease appears.